ADVICE FOR US CITIZENS ON CUBA TRAVEL
Thanks to new travel regulations, US citizens and permanent residents can now travel to Cuba legally within twelve general license categories. One of the legal methods of travel to Cuba is “people-to-people” travel (P2P), which is an educational activity that allows you to experience authentic Cuba through its people.
Voyages to Antiquity has developed a full P2P itinerary that not only meets US travel requirements, but also exemplifies VTA’s commitment to excellence through in-depth excursions and the award-winning immersive experience for which we are known.
With VTA, cruisers will have access to people and places that are off the typical tourist track. This program is arranged in partnership with a fully Cuba-licensed travel service provider.
Through our highly tailored P2P itineraries, US guests will experience firsthand the culture, heritage and people of this extraordinary destination, experiences that the average tourist simply will not have. This may include playing dominos – the beloved national pastime – with residents in Havana, dining with local fishermen on Granma Island, visiting a rum factory with its workers and learning about its history on the island, or even taking part in Tumba Francesco, a traditional May Poll dance.
We are pleased to be working with our partner ETA Cuba on our tailored Cuba programme. Educational Travel Alliance, Inc is making arrangements for VTA following General License US regulations for People-to-People educational programs in Cuba. You can read more about ETA Cuba via their facebook page. ETA Cuba facebook
Have questions about visiting Cuba from the US? Please contact us for more information
Cuba voyages are subject to government approval.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM OUR PEOPLE TO PEOPLE PROGRAM MAY INCLUDE:FULL DAY TOURS WITH PEOPLE TO PEOPLE ACTIVITIES < USE ARROWS TO SCROLL >
HAVANA I - The Capital
- Walking tour of Havana Vieja including Plaza San Francisco, Plaza Vieja, Plaza de la Catedral and Plaza de Armas.
- Visit to the Museo de Bellas Artes.
- Visit to a social project such as Muraleando, Kcho or Arte Corte.
- Attend a private rehearsal by a contemporary dance group.
- Scenic drive around Revolution Square in antique autos.
- Optional evening at Tropicana Nightclub
HAVANA II - The Capital
- Visit to the Museum of the Revolution in the former Presidential Palace
- Dominoes Activity (limited capacity)
- Visit with an entrepreneurial fashion designer (limited capacity)
- Visit to Senior Center (limited capacity)
- Visit to Down Syndrome School (limited capacity)
- Tour Latino Americano Baseball Stadium with a Sports Legend (limited capacity and availability)
- Visit to Almacenes San Jose Craft Market to meet with Artisians
- Visit to a Cigar Factory with a cigar-rolling demonstration
- Visit to the Hall of Fame bar in the iconic Hotel Nacional with a mojito demonstration
- Attend a private performance by the all women’s choir Coral Luna
- Scenic drive back to the ship in antique autos
- Optional evening of traditional Cuban Music
TRINIDAD: A colonial jewel (Casilda)
- Visit to the Sugar Mill Valley, including the Manaca Iznaga Sugar Cane Plantation.
- Visit Templo de Yemaya to learn about Santeria Religion
- Walking tour of Old Trinidad including entrance to the Museo Romantico
- Arts and Crafts Market
- Escambray Mountains tour including visit to Coffee Farm
- Lunch at restaurant in the Escambray Mountains
- Visit to the Santander family pottery studio (Trinidad)
CIENFUEGOS - Pearl of the South
- Walking tour of Cienfuegos visiting UNEAC, the Union of Artists and Writers for an explanation of the significance of Arts and Literature in Cuban Society. Compare shopping and prices in CUC and CUP shops.
- Visit Artist Studios
- Watch a private children’s music group perform
- Late afternoon cocktail party with a Son Band with the members of UNEAC
- Architectural walking tour of Cienfuegos to see the extravagant buildings at Punta Gorda. Entrance to Tomas Terry theater is included.
- Visit a Farmers Market
- Excursion to Botanical Garden Pepito
- Watch a private performance by Chorus of Cienfuegos.
Santiago de Cuba - City of Soul
- City tour including Santa Ifigenia Cemetery, Moncada Museum and Historic center (includes the Cathedral).
- Visit artists’ studios
- Visit to sacred shrine of El Cobre Basilica where Ernest Hemingway donated his Nobel Prize for literature to Our Lady of El Cobre
- Attend Tumba Francesa Afro-Cuban private dance presentation